Research and Scheduling Assistant at the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy and Development was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria, in 1999. The organisation aims to promote the values of democracy, peace and human rights in Africa, particularly in the West African sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research and Scheduling Assistant (Internship – Director’s Office)
- We are offering an exciting role as an intern working with the Director of CDD. Here you will work directly with the Director in carrying out her responsibilities.
- You will be involved in and provide support with her research, which can involve writing literature reviews, concept notes, drafting significant portions of project reports, and so on.
- You will also support her logistically, conceptualizing and managing projects; preparing and scheduling meetings, speeches, and presentations for her. In this role you can expect to be supported by various Programs and Administration staff, especially in the initial phase.
- This internship is remote.
Who You Are
- Background in Political Science, Public Policy, Political Economy, Law, International Relations, Administration or Project Management, Strategic Management, Consulting or Communications.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, willing to assume responsibility
- Being collaborative, energic, passionate and enthusiastic
- Ability to work in an expanding and changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; French proficiency is a strong plus.
- Structured and reliable working attitude, curiosity to learn new things
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- 3-6 months (Rolling Applications, you will indicate your availability)
What We Offer
- Our Director is involved in many thematic areas, so it is a good role for someone looking to develop generalist skills or explore different areas. She is very eager to work with people that bring ideas to the table and has a policy of never turning down good ideas, so you could possibly leave an indelible mark at CDD! Furthermore, to give interns more responsibility and ownership of the program and time at CDD, we are trialing a system where interns spend the last few weeks of their internship selecting the next crop of interns. From the internship requirements to interviews, you decide it all, in consort with fellow interns—a unique teamwork opportunity for sure! We also offer a modest stipend.