Lead Firefighter Supervisors at Dangote Group (2 Openings)
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent. The group employs more than 30,000 people, generating revenue in excess of US$4.1 billion in 2017.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Firefighter Supervisor
Function / Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 2 Openings
- Firefighting and Rescue Operations in Hydrocarbon Industry and sustain continuously improve his best performance as a fire crew member, during any emergency.
- Carry-out routine fire patrol in the Refinery site.
- Ensuring that all emergency and firefighting equipment are in a ready and fit-to-use at all times.
- Turn out to the Fire Emergency & Rescue Call
- Initiate the firefighting/ fire suppression through the deployment of firefighting equipment.
- Ability to drive the Fire Engine and water tanker during emergency.
- Participate in salvage and rescue operations to limit loss/injury to equipment and personal during any incident.
- Perform stand-by duties to monitor hot work at critical areas as per the Permit to Work procedure.
- Participate in the periodic fire evacuation drills and ensure good awareness of the emergency procedures.
- Carry-out other duties pertaining to HSE issues.
- Conduct Fire & Rescue Training to Staff & workers.
Desired Qualification / Preferred Competencies
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Holder of Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Six Month Fire Training certificate from recognized Fire Training Institute of Nigeria
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in firefighting discipline.
- Candidate must possess valid Nigerian Driving License.
- Satisfactory demonstration & Operation of Firefighting skills.