Debt Recovery Officer at Cedarcrest Hospitals
Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Debt Recovery Officer
Job Code: #F00002
- Reporting to the Admissions and Billings Manager, the Debt Recovery Officer will be responsible for contacting debtors and claiming outstanding debts.
- They will also be charged with keeping track of assigned patients accounts and identifying outstanding debts, as well as planning and implementing a course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- The Debt Recovery Officer will also be required to locate debtors to inquire of their payment status, and recover monies owed in as little time as possible.
- These debts will be related to health care, including hospitalizations, surgeries, and routine check-ups.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Following up with clients on previous payment arrangements.
- Locating and establishing contact with debtors.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary liaising with solicitors and bailiffs.
- Negotiating settlements with clients.
- Taking ownership of debt collection cases.
- Maintaining appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions.
- 2-5 years of experience as Debt Recovery Officer in a hospital, bank, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare, or Related Field.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel;
- Excellent Math Skills
- Apt in negotiation and persuasion skills, and ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.