Lead Mechanical Engineer – LNG Tank (Indians) at an Independent Oil and Gas Operator – Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
Our client is an independent oil and gas operator with head office in Lagos and field operations in Delta and Rivers state respectively. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer – LNG Tank (Indians)
Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Work independently and also manage a team of Engineers for overseeing the mechanical aspect of project.
- Coordinating with project team and Engineering contractors during the FEED, EPC construction, commissioning to Operation phase.
- Will report to Engineering Manager.
- Review projects mechanical system design and detailed engineering documents provided by FEED or EPC contractors, provide comments and ensure resolution.
- Participate in FATs of critical equipment and ensures qulity/ performance.
- Manage direct reports including managing work allocation, training, mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Identify resource needs and deploy (internal & external) to ensure appropriate support.
- Maintain an overview over the entire technical delivery ensuring that all scope is appropriately covered and that all parties clearly understand their requirements and their interfaces with others.
- Ensure a formal and disciplined technical communication protocols by establishing and maintaining an RFI, Technical Concession and Change process with a live tracking register.
- Provide input for establish internal company policies and procedures for static and rotating equipment (including vender details, spares, lubricants etc) and ensure implementation.
- Ensure the safety responsibilities for this position are carried out.
- Participate in HAZOP, QRA, HAZID & HSEIA
- Advise the Engineering Manager ahead of issues becoming critical and provide recommendations to improve these issues
- Provide appropriate guidance as necessary with regard to local legislation, codes and standard and technical requirements.
- He shall have the personality and drive to manage independantly and also direct and guide the team to achieve the Project objectives. In addition, he must be assertive and firm in dealing with FEED Engineering, EPC contractors and other service provides while exercising absolute control on the work.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical.
- 15+ Years related experience in mechanical design and analysis of process plants.
- Experience in large scale green field LNG (Train & Storage) plants.
- 10+ Years related experience in LNG plant Mechanical (static and rotating) equipment specification, selection, construction and commissioning.
- Coordinating with Engineering Contractor mechanical team in the FEED and detailed engineering phases of LNG projects
- Ability to review FEED/ EPC contractor’s design and engineering documents related to mechanical system including static and rotating equipment
- Through with design codes and standards.
- Experience in HAZOP and 3d Model and maintainability reviews.
- Strong coaching skills, leadership abilities, and decision making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confidence to deal with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards