Cashier at ACTED
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects, and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Considering the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is, therefore, looking for candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Job
- In order to ensure a proper cash flow system within mission the Cashier is in charge of the base’s safe and of all cash-flow operations related to money (cash payments, bank/cheque payments, exchanges transfers, advances, etc.) while making sure to abide to all of ACTED’s processes and procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager/Country Finance Officer
- Respect and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures.
- Dealing with transfers and exchanges of money.
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
- Ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency on a daily base
- Ensure proper filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook
- Responsible for making payments for all items and services which have been approved by all authorized signatories and checking that no supportive documentation or signature are missing before releasing any payment.
- Responsible for salary payments which is based on the approved HR Titanic
- Responsible for safe & cashbook checking at the end of each day by checking the safe and ensuring its balances and correspond
- Responsible for Money exchange Dealing whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register it in cashbook
- Responsible for Money transfer dealing by registration and exchange of voucher reference between Country Office and area
- Responsible for safe management by ensuring the safe has enough cash for each weekly payment
- Ensure proper use of accountancy procedures by filing of documents, allocation of expenses, voucher registration and balance checking as per ACTED’s processes and procedures
- Assist in supporting the Program Teams in Deal with advances to programs and payments to daily workers to ensure payment are done with dully supporting documentation.
- Responsible for preparation of weekly/ monthly cash counts for CFO/DFM and AC/CD approval (cash checking statement)
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for ensuring balance in the cashbook and in the safe which should be checked, and the cash checking statement should be established and signed by the Cashier and CFM at the end of each month.
- Ensure quality of vouchers which should be checked by the Cashier, Admin Assistant at the end of each month
- Responsible to ensure accountancy in cashbook which must be sent to the SAGA master in the right format to facilitate the upload into SAGA
- Ensure proper checking’s of cashbook and SAGA before closing the accounting every month
- Ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff by using the Advance Tracker Tool before paying the salaries
- Release international staff per diem/food allowances after the monthly attendance sheet signed by staff and approved by the CFM and CD.
- Responsible for follow up, filing and labelling of voucher on monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly cash counts for CFO/DFM and AC/CD approval (cash checking statement)
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 2 -3 years working experience, in the field of business is require
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office Package
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and an updated CV as a single document (3 page minimum) in English.
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who can perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be review on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants since merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.