Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electric Plc is Nigeria’s largest power distribution network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Facilities & Maintenance Lead
- Ensuring all office buildings are conducive for all employees and meet health and safety requirements.
- Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment. Oversees staff that installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, water, safety, and civil works.
- Preparing Bill of Quantities and related documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Allocating and managing space in buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Co-ordination of all premises work, and engaging the necessary service providers, to execute planned preventive and responsive maintenance (PPRM).
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Manage key and lock changes to offices, all carpentry works including ordering of supplies.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent facilities and maintenance issues as they arise.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations, improvements or refurbishments.
- Helping business to relocate to new offices and drafting reports as well as creating written recommendations to enable decisions about rental/leasing of property where applicable.
- Managing general upkeep and maintenance of facilities.
- Negotiating the best deals with contractors and suppliers for minor facilities maintenance works.
- Responsible for project planning and management of building/renovation work of the Head Office/ Business Units and other IE Locations, supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Liaising with all facilities management specialist and supervisors across assigned locations to ensure timely close out of repair and maintenance works.
- Supports in developing Architectural/engineering planning and design.
- Inspecting facilities (Head Office/Business Units/ Substations) to determine if lightning, sanitation etc. are adequate and to ensure compliance to standards.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Ordering of all facilities maintenance consumables such as wires, cables, bulbs, locks etc.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND qualification in Quantity Survey or Building Technology
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role with a good knowledge and understanding of facility maintenance, property management and project management
- Membership of relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Facility Management
- Vendor Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Ability to Delegate
- Exude integrity
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Organisation, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload.