IT Infrastructure Analyst – Desktop Support Analyst at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electric Plc is Nigeria’s largest power distribution network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Analyst – Desktop Support Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: IT Service Manager
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst involves the provision of technical support for personal computers and desktop applications, printers and other computer peripherals in a network environment.
- It includes the delivery, installation and setup of new computers (Laptops and Desktops) with approved software in the end-user community within IE.
- Complete software/hardware installs, upgrades, moves and roll-outs as and when requested, to the satisfaction of all parties involved. This includes patching and first-line telephony responsibilities.
- Maintain a central library for IE Software, including reference manuals, installation guides, etc.
- Keeping hardware inventories, application profiles, procedure manuals up to date and current.
- Investigate faults relating to desktop applications and their configuration, identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Work with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses.
- Organize end user training on effective and appropriate use of the company’s desktop resources.
- Collaborate with other team members to resolve complex issues.
- Provide support for Vending PCs and other POS terminals.
- Work with external vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and LAN issues.
- Troubleshoot and configure Client wireless devices.
- Respond to incident requests relating end user computing,
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First degree (M. Tech./M.E) in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field; or MBA in Information Technology Management or related areas.
- 4+ years’ experience in hands-on Server and Network Administration role.
- Extensive problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with working in an ITIL environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice.
- Computing and User Support
- Networking Administration
- Server Administration
- Hardware Configuration
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Information Security
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus