Financial Controller at CreditAssist Investment Limited
CreditAssist Investment Limited, registered with Corporate Affairs Commission with RC 1507157, is a financial advisory services firm. All investments are insured by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) through Meristem Trustees. With 6 branches in Oyo state and counting, we are committed to boosting business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy accessibility to reasonable financial services. We are deliberate in providing innovative monetary services to change low-income people and investors to take a position in their futures. CreditAssist is affiliated with the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (ANMFIN).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month and end-year process accounts payable/receivable cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis capital assets reconciliations account statement reconciliations, cheque runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Manage Agency banking financial transactions
- Update bank transactions and prepare correspondences and instruction
- Prepare customers cheque and confirmation to the bank.
- Receive and treat financial/accounting issues from branches.
- Processing of consultancy fee payment
- Receive funds, repayment, refunds and document, processes cheque and cash payments to beneficiaries, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in preparation of daily bank balance report
- Mobilize fund and process for operational activities.
- Preparation of monthly HIFY report
- Fixed deposit account management
- Relate with branches on issues and proffering solutions
- Posting of transactions and entries.
- Handling of branches petty cash
- Preparation of monthly depreciation, amortization and apportionments.
- Process monthly branch operation expenses (Petty cash, fuelling, cleaning, call and transport allowances)
- Prepare Final Accounts
- Budgeting and Long-term Forecasting, Budget Monitoring and Implementation
- Balance Sheet Management
- General Ledger Management
- Payroll Management
- Tax Management
- Relationship management (Correspondence Banks)
- Liquidity management
- Transfer Pricing Management
- Accounts Reconciliations.
- Degree in Accountancy and ICAN certification
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Officer, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications will be treated as received.