Information Technology Specialist at Hazon Holdings
Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist
- We are recruiting an IT Specialist to manage all IT related functions for Hazon Holdings
- The IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring the IT systems in all programmes are functioning. Specifically, this will include:
- Ensure updates/patches on ReadyNAS devices
- Resolve issues in coordination with vendors
- Assist in resolving tier 2 issues with the Egnyte application and coordinating response from Egnyte /NetGear.
- Coordinate with Corporate Networking team to ensure installation and setup of standard equipment
- Periodically audit field office bandwidth utilization
- Facilitate communications with Corporate Networking to resolve issues as they arisen
Personal Computing Devices:
- Develop and operationalize an approach to maintain consistency in software configuration
- Assist field teams in sourcing appropriate equipment
- Develop and operationalize an approach to cataloguing/inventorying field equipment
- Mobile device management and support, issuing smartphones and applications
- Place importance on customer satisfaction.
Coordinate / orchestrate the deployment of software updates to field offices:
- Notify field technology staff/contractors of recommended updates
- Oversight and coordination of field office technology staff
- Assist the Ops Dir in selection of IT service contractors and/or internal IT staff
- Assess performance of field technology contractors
- Direct field technology staff in system installations, equipment selection
- Project Start-up
- Coordinate local staff to ensure that correct equipment is sourced and properly configured
- Assist in designing or review the design developed by contractors of the field office network
- Induction training with follow up training / video training point of contact for future training
- Contribute to IT related proposals
- Help spec equipment and price for proposals
- Research ISP pricing
- Work with the project as point of contact for new work.
Contribute to IT Policy review and formulation:
- Assist the global team in formulating appropriate, practical policies and practices for field project office operations
- Develop and operationalize IT related documentation and manual
- Develop and operationalize approaches to compiling and making easily accessible the policies and practices required to deploy and operate field project IT infrastructure
o Assist with all unit’s IDEV infrastructure tickets including but not limited to:
- Egnyte Permissions
- Resolving issues with ISP
- Virus / Malware Outbreaks
- Use Cherwell to document work performed. Standardising tasks for Enterprise Field ops hand-offs.
- Use Cherwell to build and implement project plans.
- Adhere to all Company’s policies and procedures and uphold the company’s values
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in providing first-line exceptional IT support in a business environment.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- MS Certified Technology Specialist
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications and experience in a networking environment.
- Solid working knowledge and familiarity with software and server solutions.
Competences and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and documentation capabilities
- High energy, motivated, open-minded with the ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Self-motivated and must have a positive attitude to work, with the ability to handle high-pressure situations.