Language Instructors at IDMANN Institute (Nationwide)
IDMANN Institute provides personal development, professional advancement, and technology entrepreneurship training primarily for post-secondary students and working adults. Our offerings are complemented by IDMANNAcademy which provides tutorial support for academic advancement and entrance examinations. IDMANN Academy focuses primarily on elementary, middle, and high school-age students. (The Entrance Preparation Program (EPP) at IDMANN Academy also provides tutorial support for some post-secondary entrance examinations.)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Language Instructor – Igbo, Yoruba; Haitian Creole, Jamaican Patois, Swahili (IDMANN Summer Camp – Online)
- The IDMANN Summer Camp provides middle and high school students an outstanding educational experience in very small groups.
- The program not only provides tutorial support in Mathematics and English Language Arts, it also includes modules in public speaking, money management, foreign languages, and group research. To learn more about the program, visit the IDMANN Summer Camp web page.
IDMANN Academy is looking for instructors in the following subject areas (from 6th to 12th grade):
- English Language Arts
We are also looking for instructors in the following personal development areas:
- Public Speaking
- Financial Management / Personal Finance
- Technical Writing / Research Methods
- Foreign Languages (Arabic; Chinese (Mandarin); Creole (Haitian); Hebrew; Yoruba; Igbo; Patois (Jamaican); Russian; and Swahili.)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 10 hours per week.
- The engagement will end in August when students begin to return to school.
- There is a strong likelihood that outstanding instructors who wish to continue teaching may be extended into the school year with appropriate adjustment in the teaching schedule.
- We expect instructors in the core subjects (Mathematics & English) to have a teaching certification OR prior experience teaching middle school and/or high school. (A combination of a teaching certification AND demonstrated experience (> 3 years) teaching in a middle or high school would be ideal.)
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
Intending instructors MUST have ALL of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability five days a week (at specific times to be preset by the class timetables).
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Language Instructor ” as the subject of the mail.
- Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
- Applications are due by June 26th, with instructors to be interviewed soon thereafter.