Proposal Writer at Leapsail
Leapsail – We are happiest when we work with our passion-driven clients and are glad each time their unbound thirst for the unusual has them bounding up our stairs wanting to meet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proposal Writer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Develop high-quality proposal content for technical (data center consolidation, application development and mobile computing, cyber security, cloud computing, business process management, and enterprise infrastructure management), management and past performance response sections.
- The individual must clearly convey information in accordance with corresponded annotated mock ups that result in compliant, credible and persuasive proposals.
- The Proposal Technical Writer must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel (through interviews and discussion) at all levels of the organization.
- Able to understand complex IT solutions to the extent necessary to interview/write or collaborate to develop the written response
- Assists SMEs (Subject Matter Expert(s)) by suggesting and/or developing graphics (charts, process flows, screenshots, etc.) that convey the theme or solution being proposed
- Writes original text for corporate experience, past performances, standard business practices (project management/staffing/quality/transition plans), and resumes in response to RFPs/RFQs deadlines
- Interviews proposed personnel, project managers, and other corporate staff to elicit the data required to generate proposal content
- Finds, analyzes, and synthesizes written content from proposal libraries; revises and repurposes it for new efforts, ensuring the content is tailored to meet the solicitation requirements
- Follows established proposal development policies and procedures
- Manages repository and other proposal libraries as required in the SharePoint library
- Participates in technical solutions/theming sessions and proposal color reviews, as necessary
- Performs technical rewrite/edits on proposals, as necessary
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions, readiness reviews, kickoff meetings, and daily standups
- Clearly communicates all assignments, conducts appropriate follow ups
- Supports Business Development (BD) team members and BD leaders throughout firm with specific data requests
- Assists with market research to support strategic planning and capture activities in the Federal IT market.
- Monitors public databases, Government Agency websites, and Government Agency procurement forecasts
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by Director of Proposal Management and/or Sr. Vice President of Business Development
- Maintain version control on all documentation, follow document development life cycle, and ensure documentation is current at all times
- Other duties assigned by supervisor/manager
- 2+ years of proposal experience within technology sales.
- 3+ years of proposal experience within a software sales environment
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling abilities; technical writing skills preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Willingness to engage with senior technical and upper management to obtain necessary information
- Self-starter, multitasker, team player, works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks
- Willingness to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to travel as needed.