Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Monitor progress of project activities identify successes and constraints of implementation and prepare progress reports.
- Conduct field monitoring and validation.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system operational framework/plan in consultation with the Project director and Head of M&E.
- Update project result framework and log frame in consultation with the Project director and Head of M&E.
- Design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems for YAW project including monitoring the plans and managing the implementation.
- Design, develop and revise electronic data collection and monitoring and evaluation processes, tools and methods.
- Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess progress of the project.
- Facilitate the planning and preparation of annual work plans with a focus on targets.
- Facilitate the submission of updated annual and quarterly target of the projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
- Support the Project director and Head of M&E Unit in preparing different types of reports and documents as required.
- Carryout out facilitating mid-term and end of term project review
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies or related field with five (5) years’ experience or B.Sc / HND in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, or agriculture related field performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Have ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
- Have strong experience working with theory of change, logical framework design, performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
- Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
- Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and impact evaluation studies
- Have strong experience using ONA/ODK for data collection.
- Have experience with quantitative / qualitative analytical techniques.
- Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
- Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
- The ideal candidate is a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.