STEP Training Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution. that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: STEP Training Officer
Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2020-015
Recruitment Type: National (2-years renewable contract)
- Develop Selection Criteria for Schools, Students and Volunteers and participate in the selection process
- Research, develop, Update (Revise) Curriculums and other training materials for the three approaches, which includes the establishment of club, coursework and pilot enterprises
- Plan and Organize training facilitation in collaboration with the state Administrators which includes logistics, training of trainers, school teachers, volunteers and all processes that involves smooth running of training programs
- Monitor all training programs to ensure all training programs offer full delivery of the program’s goal and objectives. Assist the M and E officer in carrying out routine Monitoring and Evaluation procedures especially on training feedbacks
- Document training activities through the timely submission of training reports, training databases updates etc.
- Follow-up and mentorship security for students with Start-up enterprises
- Secure and sustain partnerships with donors, government agencies, schools, CSR teams and other partners aligning with STEP, etc
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control systems, shared network drives and maintaining database of trainers and training activities.
- Have excellent communication and supervisory skills
- Have demonstrated ability to provide ongoing mentorship in entrepreneurship to young students and provide support to entrepreneurship program in the different agricultural value chains for the project
- Have experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and activities
- Have experience in supporting training in vocational agriculture and liaising with numerous secondary schools to demonstrate and promote Agribusiness opportunities for youth
- Have experience in curriculum development including defining specific knowledge and practical skill sets
- Have been previously involved in the training of trainers in Agriculture or related field
- Exhibit good network and partnership skills with local training sites and training providers as well as coordinate their efforts.