Backend Developer at Reliance HMO
RelianceHMO is a Y Combinator 2017 Winter Batch company backed by leading Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists that uses software, data science, and telemedicine to make health insurance delightful, affordable, and easier to access. Leveraging effective product management and growth strategies, we have successfully positioned ourselves as a competitive player in the Nigerian Health Insurance Industry.
In addition to the quality of our services, we are extremely proud of our dynamic work environment where you can be whoever you want to be. We are a team of bubbly, hardworking individuals whose culture and core values allow us complement each other and collaborate towards common goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
- The ideal candidate will work in the Tech Team of RelianceHMO, and specifically with the Software Engineering Team and will be tasked with troubleshooting and improving current backend applications and processes, and also building new applications to streamline and enhance internal and external processes.
- The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- You are a team player – able to work across different stakeholders, communicate expectations openly and clearly, and welcome constructive feedback.
- Develop and maintain, new and existing PHP based web applications
- Integrating with various third-party APIs
- Auditing and optimizing necessary parts of business processes and
- Understanding business goals and architecting solutions to achieve them in any part of the application
- Customer support as necessary. Investigating problems and providing short & long term solutions
- Close coordination with product managers and other stakeholders to plan out feature timelines and tech debt resolutions
- Document the development process, architecture, and technical details
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
What we look for:
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 2 year(s)
- BS / MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Proficiency in Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
- Knowledge of MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Experience with Git, Docker
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and testable code
- Good understanding of continuous delivery and unit testing
- Comprehends and follows web security best practices
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- Willingness to expand personal skill sets in other languages and services as required.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience working on a 100% remote team
- Excellent time management