Product Designer at Reliance HMO
RelianceHMO is a Y Combinator 2017 Winter Batch company backed by leading Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists that uses software, data science, and telemedicine to make health insurance delightful, affordable, and easier to access. Leveraging effective product management and growth strategies, we have successfully positioned ourselves as a competitive player in the Nigerian Health Insurance Industry.
In addition to the quality of our services, we are extremely proud of our dynamic work environment where you can be whoever you want to be. We are a team of bubbly, hardworking individuals whose culture and core values allow us complement each other and collaborate towards common goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
- The ideal candidate will work in the Tech Team of RelianceHMO, and specifically with the Software Engineering Team and will be tasked with identifying and presenting new product improvement opportunities, setting design criteria based on insights and ensuring standard design guidelines are followed.
- Needed is a proven experience across all design phases, proficiency in related visual design tools, proficiency in front-end development web programming languages, intuitive and detailed eye, and good leadership skill.
- You are a team player able to work across different stakeholders, communicate expectations openly and clearly, and welcome constructive feedback.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Work with product managers to analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent design guidelines, standards, and best practices are followed.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Work closely with product managers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Proficiency in design and prototyping softwares including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Figma, Webflow and other visual design tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and an intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Some Perks and Benefits
- Daily meals
- Employee-friendly working conditions
- Generous health insurance package; including gym passes
- Modern, cosy and collaborative workspace
You’ll love this organisation because:
- You’ll have a clear career path
- You’ll have a lot of independence in managing projects
- We have a vibrant and active culture
- Co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team