Senior Design Engineer – Instrumentation & Control at ASC Nigeria Limited
ASC Nigeria – Manpower services. Member of the Onstream Group, ASC Nigeria Ltd was founded in 2001. At the core of everything we do is the promise to actively and ethically have a positive impact on the Nigerian economy. We empower and develop local & international talents for the benefits of our clients.
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer – Instrumentation & Control
Location: Rivers State
- The successful candidate would support the Lead Design Engineer in the Project Delivery Organisation in ensuring effective coordination and delivery of design and engineering work for capital projects. Ensures that the instrumentation engineering design for assigned capital project is carried out safely to applicable codes and standards utilizing industry best practices to achieve error free and on-schedule project delivery.
The duties will Include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for delivering the instrumentation and process control engineering design packages for projects, as appropriate for each phase, in line with the corporate goal of top-quartile, competitive and affordable projects
- Apply the relevant project and engineering procedures in line with the appropriate engineering and design requirements and ensure value creation and protection
- Ensure all Instrumentation (Process control and automation) engineering discipline requirements and inputs are made into Project documents such as BfD, BDP, BDEP, PES, PEP, ITT, etc, in close coordination with other technical disciplines to ensure an integrated delivery
- Act as technical expert on projects within the projects organization and responsible for the relevant discipline deliverables plan for projects. Liaise with the Corporate Engineering and other Technical Authority to provide appropriate technical assurance on projects.
- Carry out and perform basic and detailed design and engineering work: Design Calculations, Simulations, Work scope definition, Project Specifications, selection of standards, Preliminary Design Drawings as may be required for specific projects
- Carry out instrumentation design reviews on third party design packages including, BDP, FEED, Detailed Design to ensure compliance of the deliverables with provident of the applicable Design standards and specifications as part of the overall project quality assurance program.
- Provide support for instrumentation engineering studies and change impact analysis as part of the Management of Change (MOC) procedure. Review and advise on Construction Technical Queries (CTQ) and mitigate actual and potential lmpacts on project philosophy and existing design
- Perform the role of Discipline Q-Captain to ensure Flawless Project Delivery
The right candidate should possess the following:
- A University degree in Electrical
- Extensive experience (7-10 years) in the Oil and Gas industry with direct experience of project engineering or similar engineering, design, construction and maintenance.
- At least 4 years should have been spent leading instrumentation engineering design
- Experience shall cover design, specify, construction and commissioning of field instrumentation, quality measurement instruments, custody transfer & metering, process automation system, Fire & Gas Systems
- The right candidate shall be competent in the usage of the following software:
- SPI (Intools), AutoCAD, InstruCalc
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include the position applying for in the subject of your email).
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interviews,
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification of such candidates(s)