Product Marketing Manager at United Bank for Africa PLC (UBA)
United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- In this role, you lead every facet of our product journey. While contributing creativity in managing our portfolio of Banking products and implementing our media strategy, you own key elements of the marketing plan and drive product value awareness and sales.
- You work with a cross-functional team across Sales, Corporate Communications, Product Development, IT, and more to connect customers with the products and scale our messages of how their financial service needs are met.
- Partner with product managers, sales and other organizational leaders to set and deliver against coordinated business and marketing goals.
- Guide the creation and execution of annual and quarterly go-to-market plans in partnership with cross-functional marketing teams, the business group and sales.
- Identify key data inputs (consumer, industry, customer and market) to inform and influence product roadmap and new opportunity identification, commercialization and business model choices
- Oversee the development of product marketing deliverables – value proposition, product positioning statements, user benefits, naming and brand recommendations, etc.
- Translate complex product concepts into simple, creative, and impactful product communications that resonate with key consumer and industry audiences
- Analyze sales data and channel information and create plans to improve product and channel acquisition using effective marketing and sale techniques
- Create consistent positioning statements, messaging and the associated proof points.
- Generate customer insights on usage and identify untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Generate marketing collateral to promote products & channels
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products and generate revenue.
- Craft compelling copy across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Create content such as case studies, videos, website copy, and blog posts for marketing.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years in Enterprise Product Marketing, Advertising, and Media Strategy across global markets.
- Experience in planning and executing multiple products, marketing programs, brand, and sales teams.
Functional Skill sets and capabilities:
- Product Branding
- Product Packaging
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Sales tools (e.g. demos, presentations)
- Keen eye for detail
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, PowerPoint, Projects and Power BI.
- Social Media and Tech Savvy
- Project management
- Product Management
- Marketing analytics
- Public speaking
- Design & copywriting
- Market analysis
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills