Freight and Forwarding Manager at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
Inland Containers Nigeria Limited is a fully indigenous organization incorporated in February 1980 to provide Port Services to the hinterland shipping communities in the country. The Company was born out of necessity and packaged as a veritable intervention facilitator to assist the rapid industrialization and development of the hinterland.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freight and Forwarding Manager
- Initiates and coordinates the implementation of approved Freight Forwarding Strategies, (Import, Export and Air Freight) operational plans, and procedures.
- Develops and implements Freight Forwarding policies, procedures, and requirements to deliver the target benefits and financial savings
- Prepares and presents departmental annual plans and budgets in line with corporate goals and objectives
- Coordinates and monitors all the Company’s freight forwarding operations activities in a cost-effective manner
- Maintains and communicates information and implications of changes in export and import regulations and other relevant regulations; political situation; changes in competition and market trends as it may affect movements of freight forwarding operations
- Develops and manages relationships with relevant regulatory or external bodies or contacts such as Customs, NPA, Terminal Operators, SSS etc.
- Negotiates and quotes competitive rates promptly for freight and customs clearance jobs for vehicles, bulk cargos or containers, imports and exports, air freight Amongst others
- Minimum of first degree / HND in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply or any related discipline
- MBA or related master’s degree is an advantage
- Exceptional knowledge of export and air freight
- Relevant professional certification in Shipping or Maritime Operations e.g. Chartered Institute of Shipping (CIS) and membership of council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN) is required
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in a Freight Forwarding with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.