Head of Konga Logistics at Konga Nigeria
Konga.com is a Nigerian e-commerce company founded in July 2012 with headquarters in Gbagada, Lagos State.
We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for Ecommerce, Logistics and Supply Chain to join our team and run the Logistics arm of Konga business in the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of Konga Logistics
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Officer Level
Reports to: CEO
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for running the Logistics arm of Konga, developing and growing the Courier unit of Konga Express. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge and experience in Logistics/Courier Services, Supply Chain/Warehouse Management, Project Management, but to mention a few.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and grow the Courier unit of Konga Express (major)
- Oversee the entire Kxpress business unit and its staff
- Maintain and grow all existing business relationships
- Strategically plan and manage the logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services of the Kxpress business unit
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timely targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Analyzing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Strategically plan and improve on routes and shipment processes.
- Strategically manage the Kxpress budgets and ensure optimal utilization
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A good first degree in Business Management, Logistics Management, Supply Chain/Warehouse Management, Marketing or any related discipline. A Master’s Degree in Business/Project Management, Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant Supply Chain, Project & Logistics Management bodies and attendant qualifications will also be an added advantage e.g. CSCP, CISCM, CILSCM, CIPSMN, PMP, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge in Inventory Control Management and Supply Chain software applications
- Knowledge in Database management software – information management tool, such as Microsoft Access, PowerBI, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Business Management principles & practices
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management
- Excellent grammatical construct and control skills
- Problem-solving & Analytical skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and people management skills
- Planning & Organizational skills
Why Work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the e-commerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
24th July 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to email@example.com & copy firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head of Konga Logistics” as the subject of the mail on or before the deadline date.
Note: All CV’s should be in word doc and/or pdf format.