Senior Project Engineer at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
- To coordinate and manage medium-sized project, Facilities Modification and Improvement on Oil & Gas Facilities, or small number of projects as assigned by the Head of project or Project Manager, all in line with company business objectives.
- This will involve production of plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring all organisational procedures are adhered to, objectives are identified and met and benefits realised from the implementation of the change. The objective is to carry out all projects safely, on time, and within budget.
- Responsible for delivery of the identified project within schedule, cost, and to the agreed quality.
- Prepare project budget and schedule in accordance with Seplat’s Contractual Requirements
- Develop and maintain project execution plan to ensure successful project delivery with respect to HSE, Schedule, Quality and Cost
- Establish, review, monitor trends and report on all aspects of the project particularly costs, schedules, deliverables, progress and incidents to allow Management intervention when required.
- Co-ordination of the work to be undertaken by the Main Contractor and sub-contractors as applicable with the goal of achieving contract cost and schedule targets
- Manage the planning, Contractors’ mobilization to site and the execution of the main and associated works, ensuring adherence to the appropriate Company, Regulatory Requirements, and International standards and specifications and completion on time and within budget.
- Delivery of all reports, data and information concerning the progress of the development of the project within the agreed timeframe and frequency
- Responsible for Site HSE performance of the project. Ensure that all HSE issues have been addressed and systems are developed to manage HSE concerns
- Manage the QA/QC process during the site construction and commissioning phases and ensure activities are executed according to project technical standards, quality standards (ISO-9001) and environmental standards (ISO-14001).
- Develop and maintain project interface management plan to effectively integrate project phases and stakeholders’ interest.
- Participate in key technical decisions which are critical to project success and manage change procedure where required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive risk and opportunity register to mitigate negative impact and maximize opportunity.
- Interface with DPR and ensure all approvals, permits and consents required to execute and complete the project are obtained when due.
- Interface with JV Partners on all JV-related project to secure approval and 100% cost recovery
- Interface with contract and procurement department, secure CTB (Contracts Tender Board) approval for contracts awards and service orders to facilitate project execution.
- Minimum of 12 years in project management in Oil and gas.
- Degree qualified in Engineering with chartered engineer status preferred.
- Master’s degree in engineering or Project Management related discipline (optional).
- Experience in Oil and Gas field production.
- Knowledge of Oil Field contracts and contractor supervision and management strategies
- Must be conversant with Project Controls principles and application.
- Must have practical knowledge of Construction HSE Management Systems Application.
- Experience in the management of Gas Condition & Processing Plant build projects will be an