Web Developer – Expression of Interest at the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy and Development was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria, in 1999. The organisation aims to promote the values of democracy, peace and human rights in Africa, particularly in the West African sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Web Developer – Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest
- Redesigning Of Upright4Nigeria Website
- Strengthening Citizen’s Resistance Against the Prevalence of Corruption (SCRAP-C) project
- The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) is an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy, and capacity building organisation established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999. The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratization, development and human security in West Africa also provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
- The Centre is in search of a web designer who will redesign and manage the Upright4Nigeria anti-corruption website. The website would contain extensive anti-corruption materials, including knowledge products, news stories, captivating and edutaining videos, documentaries, etc. to enlighten the broad spectrum of Nigerians on the danger of corruption.
- It must be an efficient tool to raise awareness of anti-corruption issues and support the work of development practitioners and other stakeholders on social behavioural change on anti-corruption campaigns. It must also promote web-based whistle-blowing channel that allows Nigerians to report and get feedback on corrupt practices in their localities.
About SCRAP-C project:
- The Strengthening Citizen’s Resistance Against the prevalence of corruption (SCRAP-C) project aims to influence social norms and attitudes that help corruption to thrive in Nigeria to effect social change.
- The project leverages on social capital and social networks to promote a corruption adverse mentality. It also aims to build confidence in Nigerians and values around honesty, integrity, and transparency (HIT) and counter the pessimistic feelings of helplessness associated with the state of corruption in Nigeria.
- SCRAP-C is being implemented by CDD together with other consortium and implementing partners. It is a 5-year project supported by DFID.
The work will cover the following activities:
- It must be UX/UI design based on best practices.
- Theme design and development.
- Setting up of CMS on the domain to enable the Centre maintains the site without requiring a dedicated workstation or additional software.
- Content entry. This will include text and pictures for each page to be created with the initial set-up
- Brower testing to ensure that it works with modern browsers on laptops, desktops and mobile phones.
- It must contain features that is reflective of the goal it meant to serve as underscored above.
- It must be user friendly
The technical proposal should include the following:
- Details outline of how the design will be conducted and workplan.
- Specific features of the website and how they will work
- Experience of performing similar kind of tasks with portfolio.
- Cost of redesigning the website.
- Any submission made by companies must be accompanied by a CAC registration certificate.
- At least four years of relevant proven experience (supported by a submitted design portfolio) in the field of web sites design and web applications;
- Creativity and imagination in proposing suitable designs for web sites, taking into account their purpose, usability and audience;
- Experienced with front-end development frameworks;
- Extensive knowledge of device and cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions and requirements, including responsive web design;
- Experience in usability, user analysis and internationalization of web sites;
- Expertise in using image editing/graphics tools and prototyping tools;
- Ability to estimate.