Operations Manager at Winco Foam Industries Limited
Winco Foam Industries Limited is a wholly indigenous private limited company incorporated on March 18th, 1983. The company since 1978 has been operating in Nigeria as one of the leading commercial organizations involved in so many activities including foam manufacturing and trading activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Ketu, Lagos
About the Role
- The Role of the Operations Manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the companyТs operations function.
- The individual will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and cost-effectiveness through the implementation of effective methods and strategies across all fronts in the business as a whole.
- Lead all operational elements of Winco Foam Industries Limited, Lagos:
- Learn how Winco Foam Lagos operations work, optimize and manage every aspect of our operations function.
- Monitor and analyse the current system of production, check if its effective and work out a strategy for improvement if necessary.
- Responsible for the delivery of overall operational targets.
- Plan, schedule and review workload and manpower to ensure targets are being met.
- Liaising with other team members including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization.
- Manage inventory and supply chain of products.
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met
- Ensures the production team has enough time to manufacture and deliver products based on the client’s request
- Create a detailed schedule based on strict deadlines
- Create and maintain detailed manuals that document all relevant parts of the Winco foam operating model.
- Demonstrate achievement of results e.g. business improvements, cost savings, revenue generation.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Drive Business Continuity initiatives
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering is required or other related discipline. (MBA and professional certification is an added advantage)
- At least 5 years of post-graduate, full-time work experience
- Experience managing operations, including detailed budgeting and reporting, in a manufacturing environment
- Conversant with templates for capturing operations downtime effectiveness.
- Experience managing and coordinating teams to deliver on a tight schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Oral & Written communication
- Team building and leadership skills.