Logistics & Inventory Specialist at GE Nigeria
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing, and venture capital and finance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Inventory Specialist
Ref Id: 3500308
Department: Manufacturing & Logistics
Relocation Available: No
- The Logistics & Inventory Specialist is responsible for managing the day to day warehousing, inventory and meeting short-term logistics objectives.
- The role will be responsible for resolving daily issues related to logistics operations through immediate action or short-term planning.
- The role will also maintain logistics KPI’s/metrics and meeting customer requirements ensuring that the company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
- Continuous internal communication with direct line manager and key stakeholders
- Maintain and control the tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
- Analysis of the local transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
- Support standardization of transportation processes from the distribution center to the end customers
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Manage the inventory in the 3PL warehouse
- Responsible for conducting timely cycle counts and physical inventory in time assuring KPI’s are met, driving inventory integrity
- Support the 3PL team regarding GLPROD transactions
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in logistics or equivalent industry
- Clear track record in managing KPIs & delivering operational improvements
- Available & willing to travel to any country in the region
- Ability to influence & work collaboratively with matrixed teams
- Strong communicator, building relationships with internal customers & external suppliers
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package & Oracle Applications (ERP)
- Fully fluent in English (written and spoken).
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding and leadership for International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
- Proficient knowledge, understand and leadership for operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).