Contract Driver at Helen Keller International (HKI)
Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Driver
Reports to: HR / Admin Coordinator
- The Driver’s job is to provide transport support services to all program areas. The driver is also responsible for overseeing vehicle maintenance.
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of Abuja.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the completion of vehicle fault reporting form and submit to HR/Admin Coordinator
- Keep vehicle log updated.
- Assure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Assure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- High School / University degree preferred.
- Long professional work experiences with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel, if required.
Application Closing Date
5pm; 21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one Ms Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- You will receive an auto response confirming your application. Note that applications will not be accepted after the above close date and time.
- There is no relocation allowance available for this position.