Job Opening for Human Resource Assistant at TechnoServe Nigeria
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Requisition Number: HUMAN01441
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Project
- The anticipated project is to support the building of a knowledge base of community-based actors in the agriculture value chain and strategically defining and implementing an expansion plan that increases the volume of goods traded on the Cellulant Agrikore platform as well as creates work opportunities for at least 50,000 youth. Project actors are farmers, aggregators, transporters, and youth engaged in the agriculture sector across 6 states and 50 LGAs in Nigeria.
- The database of market actors will include at least 30,000 farmers, 2,500 agribusinesses, and 20,000 youth.
- The project is therefore, seeking for a HR Assistant to support with the Country HR Officer for an initial period of 6 months with a possibility of an extension.
- The HR Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Country HR Officer with completing day-to-day HR administrative tasks related to employee recordkeeping, recruiting, performance management and benefits administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post open positions, receive CVs, schedule interviews, correspond with applicants, conduct reference checks
- Prepare new hire packs and schedule staff orientation
- Create and maintain employee personnel files
- Enroll new employee in TNS benefits, maintain current list of covered employees, process benefit changes and provide coverage or claims information to employees upon request.
- Assist HR Officer in the coordination of Performance reviews.
- Assist HR Officer in the coordination of Employee Engagement Survey and Impact planning meeting.
- Maintain staff training data, coordinate training materials and logistics for HR Officer
- Facilitate document processing e.g. Printing and distribution of HR related forms e.g. employee survey forms, standards of conduct forms, etc.
- Maintain and update employees list and employees data through UltiPro
- Maintain staff leave records
- Perform related duties as required and assigned by HRO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR, Social Sciences or other business related field.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across a range of seniority levels.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
- TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at: email@example.com