Business Developer (Sales & Distribution) at Pagatech Limited
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Developer (Sales & Distribution)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Human Capital
Career Level: Grade 3
Sector: Financial Institution
Reports To: Regional Manager, Lagos Region
About the Role
- The Business Developer (BD) manages the relationships between the company and Paga agents within his / her zone with a focus to ensure long-term growth and sustainability of the agent network. The main goal is to grow existing customers and acquire new customers.
Achievement of commercial targets set for the zone
- A Business Developer has ownership for achieving the commercial targets set for assigned zone. These include targets for active agent, transaction mix, transaction value, transaction volume and others as may be assigned. Responsibilities related to these include:
- Agent retention / growth
- Ensure appropriate cash and electronic-float levels.
- Maintain consistent growth in active agent, transaction count and value
- Monitor agent activity to ensure compliance with Paga standards in alignment with the Agent Compliance Handbook.
- Assess the activities and performance of agents in their zone and report to the Field Supervisor where applicable.
New agent recruitment, registration and account set-up:
- Recruit viable agents within their zone to support the specific use cases defined by the company.
- Guide prospective agents in completing the agency registration process.
- Assist new agents to setup their Paga accounts in readiness for processing customer transactions.
- Train Paga agency owners and staff on all aspects of managing the agency and serving Paga customers.
Visibility of agent outlets:
- Ensure all agent outlets are properly branded / activated (internally and externally) to maximize visibility for Paga.
- Representing Paga in the assigned zone:
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional relationship with all agency principals and outlet assistants in their zone.
- Communicate important company updates to the agents in their zone and ensuring that the information is understood.
- Raise issues and communicate insights internally to ensure that relevant resources are deployed to strengthen the Paga business in their zone.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to understand and report issues appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in FMCG sales
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Think and take initiative as well as ownership of assigned zone
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.