Smart Partners Consulting Limited Recent Job Vacancy
Smart Partners Consulting Limited – Our client in the Engineering industry is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Foreman
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced construction foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our numerous building and road construction sites
- As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the foreman will be the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project with a keen awareness of material expenses, permits, and employee safety
- The ideal applicant will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions
- The construction foreman must be well-organized and strongly focused on safety above all and at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times
- Produce work schedules in accordance with the availability of employees, contractors and labour laws and monitor the attendance of workers
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery, and personnel
- Recruit, hire, mentor, manage and train employees and contractors
- Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedule
- Develop and oversee quality standards on all sites
- Monitor and manage project budgets on all sites
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on-site quickly and amicably
- Report project status to supervisors, site engineers and officials regularly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or OND / HND / Trade Test and other relevant Certifications
- 5+ years experience as a construction foreman of building and road projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance, and use, and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of use and maintenance of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints and convey this information to others
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Must have working knowledge of the safe use of tools, machinery, and equipment including training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the workers and contractors.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Fluency in English.