Join Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming. The Faith-Based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response (FASTER) is a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded multi-country project designed to accelerate progress in paediatric HIV diagnosis and treatment in four countries with high unmet need for child and adolescent ART: Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. It is a partnership between government, civil society organizations (CSOs), private sector actors, and FBOs to catalyze progress towards achieving the 95-95-95 targets by addressing structural barriers to paediatric testing and treatment, expanding innovation, and scaling up what works.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) leads the FASTER consortium which includes Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). In Nigeria, FASTER will be implemented in Benue, Delta, Enugu, Imo, Lagos, Nasarawa, Rivers states and the Federal Capital Territory.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Organizational Capacity Assessment (State Consultant)
Locations: Enugu, Imo
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a five year (2017-2022), United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) funded HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program implemented across Faith-based and Government owned health facilities in Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States.
- Catholic Relief Services is part of the 4GATES consortium, which is led by Caritas Nigeria and includes, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Pro-Health International and Palladium. CRS provides technical assistance for the implementation of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) component of the 4GATES project.
- The 4GATES project has a core mandate to Support and strengthen relevant GoN MDAs to improve their coordinating capacity within project states. This mandate aligns with the OVC program objectives which is reduce the economic vulnerability of families infected and affected by HIV. To achieve this CRS intends to carry out organizational capacity assessment for the state Ministry of Women and Affairs and Social Development and LGAs social development departments in Delta, Enugu and Imo states. Assessment when completed will be used by both the MDA and the 4GATES project to support capacity improvement plans that will enhance the delivery of their respective mandates.
- One lead consultant and two state level consultants will be engaged to support this process.
The objective of the assignment are as follows:
- To support organizational capacity assessment and development of capacity building plans for relevant state MDAs.
Responsibilities of Lead Consultant
- Support one day NHOCAT orientation for adhoc and project staff.
- Carry out assessment for State Ministry of Women and Affairs and LGA social development departments
- Supervise field officer (adhoc staff) assign to support the assessment
- Provide continuous feedback to the lead consultant on the process of the assessment.
- This activity is expected to have the following outcome
- Produce a standard report of the exercise with recommended capacity building plans for each assessed entity.
Technical Expertise and Experience
- Graduates with B.Sc, HND or its equivalent in Social Sciences or related field
- Prior experience carrying out similar assessment for GoN
- At least 10 years experience in OVC programming and working knowledge of
- Demonstrate strong ability for facilitation
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills.
- Number of days: 15
Application Closing Date
BCOB Tuesday; 1st September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit an expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as one document in PDF format with a similar HIV/AIDS curriculum or training document that has been developed by the applicant in the past to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title “Organizational Capacity Assessment (State Consultant) 4GATES and indicating your preferred state” as the subject.
Important Information / Notice
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion and we are committed to gender-sensitive programming and management. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.