Latest Job Vacancy at Society for Family Health (SFH) – 4 Openings
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist
Ref Id: sfh-87048
Locations: North West, North Central, South East and South South
Job Type: Full-time
- This position will support the design, implementation, oversight, and reporting for high-quality nutrition interventions for the project and provide technical oversight for nutrition programming activities in the across the State.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Monitor nutrition interventions implemented by the project to ensure strategy and plans are followed and adapt nutrition programming operational procedures, systems and project guidance to the context and needs of the communities,
- Ensure that the nutrition project integrates community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Provide technical support for nutrition activities including design of behavior change and communication interventions and integration of nutrition interventions in all aspects of the project
- Support training of staff, implementing partners and other stakeholders on nutrition or other related topics,
- Participate in technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, develop appropriate project documentation, and provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements,
- Coordinate and facilitate training and support State level planning and activities for nutrition activities as agreed in the annual work plan.
- A minimum of a post-graduate level degree or equivalent in Public Health and/or Nutrition or a related field,
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in leading nutrition programming with multi-sectoral teams in developing countries with a demonstrable track record of delivering results against objectives, reporting schedules and work plans. Experience working on nutrition programming at senior strategic level either in the NGO or public sector field in other African countries will be an added advantage,
- Demonstrable ability of a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition and deep understanding of nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive technical concepts and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical operational approaches.
- Experience in nutrition policy research and policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and related civil society organisations and experience in providing technical support to partners and in particular collaborating with government health ministries and agencies, technical and implementing partners, donor agencies, etc.,
- Familiarity with analytical tools and demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- S/He must be able to write and speak the local language of the state of intervention.
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing and presentation skills.
- H/She will have strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, a high level of integrity with a strong display of initiative with good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task, good co-ordination and team-building skills and a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.