Executive Associate Job Opening at Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings
Tongston is a pan-African group of companies connecting entrepreneurship and education through finance, media, consulting and training. Tongston, with special focus on secondary education, partners with educators, parents, students, profit and non-profit enterprises, social influencers, investors and government, whilst leveraging on media, learning and finance, to transform secondary schools into entrepreneurship institutes, secondary teachers to entrepreneurial educators and secondary students to entrepreneurial learners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Associate
About the Role
- The Executive Associate will perform a wide variety of professional-level administrative, basic finance and business development duties.
- The Associate will be responsible for the efficient running of the office, handling stakeholder“ client, partners and staff management, provide business development services to increase sales and profits related to the services and products offered by Tongston Holdings.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Handling customer queries, documentation and management of stakeholder database.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Identifying new opportunities.
- Prospecting new clients.
- Conducting business and market research.
- Handling basic finance duties including budgeting, expense management and revenue tracking.
- Regular report writing.
- Manage other staff as required.
- Policy or procedure writing, update or review.
- Handling recruitment services to various positions.
- Human Resource optimization.
- Procurement, Logistics, Facilities and Inventory Management.
Education & Experience
- A university degree in English, Business Administration, Marketing and Sales, Accounting, Business Management or a related field of study.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles is a plus.
- A strong sales, communication and/or business development background is required, with at least 1-2 years prior experience.
- A strong prior (full-time, part-time or volunteer) experience in an admin and HR-related role would be useful.
- Prior or current experience running a business is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs, Outlook).
Skills & Competencies:
- Relationship Management Skills.
- Creativity, Innovation and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Entrepreneurial Nature.
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Organization and Planning.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Advanced communication and business writing skills, including the ability to interface directly and effectively with senior government officials and senior management of private sector institutions.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills will be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly.