Apply at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners seeks to recruit expert for the Taraba Regulatory Organization Development structuring for the implementation of the E-WASH program:
Job Title: Human Resource and Performance Management Expert
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of five (5) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project seeks to recruit experts for the Taraba Regulatory Organization Development structuring.
- Develop standard operations procedure (SOPs) and operational manuals that include Regulator handbook; Succession Plan, Staff retention and disengagement plan; Staff development policy, compensation plan and transition plan.
- Prepare recruitment and selection processes for new personnel
- Provide a guideline for the introduction and application of a result-based staff performance evaluation system.
- Conduct a survey on remuneration and incentive packages offered by other regulatory agencies / commissions and provide alternatives for consideration towards a competitive remuneration scheme.
- Recommend a strategy for incentives and penalties based on performance.
- Design an appropriate performance contract template between Ministry of Water Resources and the Regulatory Agency and, between Regulator Headquarters and departments or zonal offices with clear targets and objective means of measurement/monitoring.
- Develop a strategy for nurturing of departments and zonal offices to prepare them for performance contract
- Recommend a clear performance contracts monitoring mechanism for the Regulator and zonal offices.
- Prepare a person-specific performance management plans.
- Present findings in a workshop
Objectives of the Assignments:
- To develop Regulator Agency Human Resource management instruments and policies / guidelines and procedures
Level of Effort:
- The anticipated level of effort (LOE) is 22 days.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least a Degree in Administration, Sociology or relevant fields. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in utility management with a proven track record in Human resources assessment, career development and training, performance management and monitoring
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment would be an advantage.
- To achieve the objectives of this assignment, the selected key experts / consultants will undertake the assignment from the E-WASH office and utility’s (SWA) offices.
- The Consultants will report to the EWASH Team Leader but will work closely with the Institutional and Policy Development Specialist for EWASH, MoWR and the Management of the regulatory agency.
- The assignment shall be supported from the EWASH Abuja office by the Institutional and Policy Development Advisor and a supporting STTA. In addition, the selected key experts/consultants must work closely and coordinate with fellow Organizational Development consultants on this assignment.
- With respect to the workshop component of the assignment, the consultants are required to compile the material for future reference, produce a report on the workshop, and deliver to E-WASH not later than two weeks after the conduct of the training workshop.
- The draft and final reports shall be submitted to the State E-WASH Team and all relevant data and information contained therein and compiled by the consultants in the course of the study shall be the property of the E-WASH which shall be appropriately handed over to the State Regulatory Agency.
The following deliverables are expected with respect to the assignments:
- An Inception Report, describing how the consultant intends to carry out the assignment and an unveiling of key parameters that might not have been obvious in the early stages of the assignment.
- Report of Initial Data Gathering
- Draft Design Documents of various reform elements by each expert to be presented at the workshop.
- Final Design Documents of various reform elements by each expert to be implemented
- Final Project Report detailing work completed, deliverables achieved and recommendations.
- STTAs should note that the Institutional and Policy Development Advisor may demand specific deliverables to be presented in specialized packages and reporting patterns.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as one single Word document to: STTA@ewash.rti.org using the specific Job Title “Human Resources and Performance Management Expert” as the email subject.
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Interested Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.