Consultant – Provide Technical Support to FCT HHSS Review at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Consultant – Provide Technical Support to FCT HHSS Review
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Palladium invites applications from suitably qualified individual consultants to provide technical support to FCT HHSS review with the intention of integrating the information of the entire workforce of the FCT, finalize, validate the two draft documents to ensure that they address the HRH gaps in the FCT.
- Finalization and Validation of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy and Strategy Documents.
- Consultancy to provide technical support to the FCT Health and Human Services Sectariat (HHSS) to finalize and validate the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy and Strategy Documents that would provide policy backing to drive the improvement of the management of the FCT health workforce
- The Integrated Health Program (IHP) is a USAID-funded five-year funded project with a mandate across National and designated 5 states (Kebbi, Bauchi, Sokoto, Ebonyi and the FCT) to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- Specifically, IHP support is geared toward (a) strengthen systems supporting PHC services; (b) improve access to PHC services; and, (c) increase quality of PHC services in the FCT. and advance operationalization of State Health Insurance Scheme towards attainment of universal health coverage.
- Human Resources (HR) are a strategic capital in any organization, but particularly so in health organizations, which are highly dependent on their workforce. Therefore, human resources for health is a key element in the delivery of quality health services necessitating calls for instituting a HRH management system that would provide an effective response to an HRH crisis.
- FCT PHCB with support from the recently concluded HP+ project, developed a draft HRH policy with a complement HRH Strategy Plan to work towards achieving its HRH strategic goal of having in place, the right number, skill mix of competent, motivated, productive and equitably distributed health work force for optimal and quality health care services provision to the population. However, these drafts focused mainly on the health workforce of the Primary Health Care Board (PHCB) only. IHP is continuing with the support to FCT to redress the human health workforce challenges, through working with the FCT/HHSS/HRH unit, to further strengthen their ability to a more efficient management of the health workforce towards addressing the existing gaps in HRH planning, production, and distribution identified from the health workforce situation analysis, for the successful delivery of the essential health services by the PHCs.
- Both the HRH policy and strategy plan documents are yet to be finalized but also are very specific to HRH issues affecting the facilities at the primary health care level. IHP is working with facilities at both the secondary and primary level facilities. It therefore became pertinent to have a harmonized HRH document that reflects the HRH issues at both the secondary and primary levels to drive the HRH planning and management for a more efficient management of the health workforce.
- Review the current drafts HRH Policy & Strategy documents and integrate the information of all the health workforce of both the primary and secondary levels
- In a planned workshop of the HRH unit/Technical working groups and other relevant stakeholders, finalize and validate the documents
- Do the final edits before printing.
The major products and outcomes of this assignment are:
- Final edited copies of the following:
- FCT HRH Policy
- FCT HRH Strategy Plan.
Period of performance of the consultancy:
- September 21 – October 5, 2020.
- Master’s Degree.
Application Closing Date
5.30pm; 14th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- This is a fixed price consultancy.
- Only qualified candidates will be invited to submit full proposals.
- No late applications will be accepted.