Latest Employment Opportunity at Owens & Xley Consults
Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the outfits are produced efficiently according to customers’ expectations and that the right amount of materials are used
- He/She may also be involved in product design and purchasing and would supervise the internal and external production process.
- Scrutinize the sketch/designs
- Liaise with customer service to go through customers who have paid 80% deposit
- Create production time table for design that has been paid for
- Create market lists for designs that have been paid for
- Approve procurement/market shopping list for funding and procurement
- Assign designs to tailors in a task sheet with the prices of each outfit placed on each design
- Supervise each task sheet daily and ensure all process for production are agreed based on tailors’ price list
- Document all challenges and comments for each outfit produced by each tailor in the task sheet
- Supervise the sample making
- Send in sample for fitting, approval, correction, reproduction and alterations
- Supervise the alterations
- Re-fit where necessary
- Supervise the line production
- Liaise with the quality control officer and ensure quality control is carried out on each piece and the overall production batch
- Oversee finishing
- Recommend tailor time table
- Manage tailors task sheet, provide feedback and calculate tailors’ tasks daily
- HND or B.Sc in any related discipline
- 3-5 years experience in a managerial position
- Experience in the fashion industry is a plus.
- High level of professionalism
- Research skills
- Organizational and coordination skills
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Highly creative
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent artistic ability
- Strong visualization skills
- Leadership and supervision skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong adherence to principles and values
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Sociable and friendly
- Confident and pleasant
- Knowledgeable of current trends as it relates to the industry.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.