Nutrition Supervisor at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of contract: 3 Months (with possible extension)
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition DPM, the Nutrition Supervisor oversees all activities at CMAM sites, screening, health education, treatment and follow up of children with malnutrition and record keeping.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Overall lead in CMAM treatment points
- In liaison with the medical staff refer for medication or dispense routine medication as per Nigerian protocol
- Supervise malnutrition screening, admissions, recording of beneficiary information
- In liaison with deputy nutrition manager, develop list for home visits and defaulter tracing for Nutrition supervisor to follow up by community nutrition mobilizer
- Act as a liaison with the beneficiaries, local population and authorities in order to identify the need, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities
- Represent PUI at various nutrition related for as may be required
- Participates in recruitment of nutrition staff
- Recruit/train daily workers for nutrition
- Organize and supervise the day to day schedule of team to guarantee smooth running of project
- Participate in drafting of field work plans
- Make sure every member of team clearly understands his/her task and has necessary materials to perform task
- Ensure work schedules are respected at the field
- Organize regular meetings with team and give necessary support
- Participate in evaluation and definition of training need for team members.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- Provide trainings and capacity building to Nutrition Teams.
- Ensure quality implementation of CMAM activities.
- Prepare and share quality data.
- Tracking CMAM project supplies.
- Support referral cases of malnutrition.
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the department:
- Quality implementation of CMAM program
- Quality data management and reporting of CMAM activities
- Ensure all nutrition staff understand their duties.
- Take part in conducting on the job training and mentoring for nutrition team members.
- Co-ordinate with nutrition management team in addressing any relevant issue related to routine project implementation.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing) fluent in local languages – Hausa, Kanuri etc.
- Education degree: University – level in Health Field – qualification in public health or related field an asset
- Work experience: Proven experience working in NGOs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Nutrition/Health
- Excellent experience in conducting trainings and monitoring teams
- Excellent communication (especially in public) and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Literacy in reporting
- Understanding of MOH systems and structures
- Demonstrated team management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office software including word, excel, outlook.
- Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Commitment NGO principles
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Team work and Team management
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Capacity to mobilize the community
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online