Food Safety Consultants Recent Employment Opportunity
Food Safety Consultants is an organization with expertise in gastronomy, food safety and food quality. Our aim is to ensure quality and professionalism in the development and improvement of food service operations. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: Port Harcourt City – Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Isolate and make cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- Perform tests on water, food and the environment to detect harmful microorganisms and to obtain information about sources of pollution and contamination.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in human, water, and food specimens.
- Provide laboratory services for health departments, for community environmental health programs and for physicians needing information for diagnosis and treatment.
- Observe action of micro-organisms upon living tissues of plants, higher animals, and other microorganisms, and on dead organic matter.
- Investigate the relationship between organisms and disease, including the control of epidemics and the effects of antibiotics on microorganisms.
- Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
- Study growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other microorganisms to understand their relationship to human, plant, and animal health.
- BSc qualification
- Minimum of 2 – 10 years experience
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Soecified.