Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) Latest Employment Vacancy- 2 Locations
Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) is a consultancy, training and development Institute certified by the various industries in which we operate. Established to support Public & Private Organizations, Oil & Gas personnel as well as their Host Communities, Manufacturing & Production Companies, Energy Companies, Hospitality businesses, and Educational Institutions, we also ensure the closure of skills gaps, advice on current upskilling needs of organizations and generally develop the capacity of Human Resources according to global best practice and standards in order to make sure organizational goals are achieved alongside technology transfer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Computer Programming Instructor
Locations: Delta, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
- The job role involves the teaching of programming courses such as Python, PHP, HTML, Java, C++, C#, SQL, Android, etc.
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Technical Degree
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology etc. preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience teaching any of the following programming languages such as Python, Java, Web Development, C++, C#, SQL etc.
- Possession of other professional IT certifications for any of the programming languages of interest will be highly desirable
- Minimum of Two years’ experience in a computer programming instructional role
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Proficiency with programming languages stated above
- Evidence of applications developed using any of the programming languages listed above.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other current ICT tools
- Current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control