Midwife (Maiduguri) at Medecins du Monde
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- Under the supervision of the Medical Doctor / Sexual Reproductive Health Technica Advisor, the Midwife will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Provision of free of charge reproductive health consultations
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
Provision of free of charge reproductive health consultations:
- Prepare all the material and equipment and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing reproductive health consultations
- Participate actively in triage activities before to start reproductive health consultations
- Perform antenatal consultations according to the protocols, detect and mention all the risk factors
- Perform postnatal consultations during the 6 weeks following the delivery, give appropriate treatment and refers to female medical doctor when needed.
- Perform family planning consultations and counseling according to protocol
- Give systematic prophylactic treatments to pregnant women
- Refer to the female medical doctor all pregnant women with a pathology associated to the pregnancy
- Verify the tetanus vaccination of each pregnant woman
- Explain in details the treatment to the patient
- Manage RH emergency cases with the assistance of the medical doctor according to MdM protocols and regulation
- Fill in the reproductive health form for each patient
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
Implementation of health education sessions:
- Give health education sessions to the patients in the different waiting areas
- Spread main messages about health education for the following topics: immunization, antenatal care, post-natal care, assisted delivery, family planning, at-risk pregnancies, breastfeeding and weaning
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data:
- Perform the daily data collection regarding reproductive health consultations
- Participate in the weekly computerization and analysis of the reproductive health data
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the team leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, securityâ€¦)
- Participate in all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Participate in weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Diploma in Midwifery with a valid license from the Nursing/Midwifery board.
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment/context
- Possession of a valid practising certificate.
- Background / familiarity with Emergency is an added advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa Languages will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com using the “Midwife Maiduguri” as subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the correct subject line stated above will not be treated