Apply at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Location: Owerri – Imo
Employment Type: Contract
- The Finance Associate will assist with the processing of financial transactions and have frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the state office and with bank officials to exchange information related to the functions of WEWE WASH bank account maintained by the bank.
- Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations, and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Advice and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and paid after authorization of due for claims and services.
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualification, Requirement and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2-years post-NYSC NGO accounting and finance experience.
- Working knowledge of Quick-book accounting package
- Experience managing USAID funded programs
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
N80,000 – N90,000 Monthly
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.