Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Latest Employment Vacancy
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious international NGO whose mission is to provide aid to populations affected by natural disasters, economic crises and conflicts. PUI’s overall objective is to cover the fundamental needs of populations suffering from humanitarian crisis in order to quickly restore their autonomy and dignity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Gender Based Violence Case Management
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: October, 2020.
Authors: NGA Protection team, revised Deputy Head of Mission in charge of Programmes (DHoM-P)
In Nigeria since 2016, Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) has been responding to the needs of crisis-affected people in Borno State through a comprehensive integrated approach, targeting vulnerable people affected by the crisis. Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is providing to the targeted people means of subsistence (Food Security and Livelihoods) and access to basic services (Nutrition, Primary Health Care as well as Mental Health and Psycho-social Support). Protection is mainstreamed throughout all the sectors of activities.
Gender-based violence (GBV) is one of the most widespread human rights abuses. Globally, one in three women will be raped, beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused in her lifetime. Though women and girls are overwhelmingly the targets of GBV, men and boys can also be subject to sexual violence, especially if they are perceived to be acting outside the prescribed social norms for males. As a result of the secondary impact of COVID19, cases of GBV has been reported to rise due to hardship faced by community members and IDPs. Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) has a responsibility to ensure the safety, dignity and right of persons at risk of GBV.
Due to high number of GBV cases identified on the field and the gap created as a result of limited case management actors, Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) plans to establish a specialized GBV program including CMR. This is aimed at complementing the effort and services of other actors in the field who are overwhelmed by the number of GBV cases referred by PUI protection teams. PUI GBV specialized service will include case management, clinical management of rape and psychosocial support services.
Access to Basic Services Through an Integrated Community-based Approach in Maiduguri and Monguno, Nigeria
- The current integrated program is the 2nd phase of a 24 months intervention that started in August 2019 and will end in July 2021.
- The proposed project was designed as an area-based approach, ensuring strong community involvement from the onset in order to tailor the interventions in each targeted area, with the overall objective of improving access to basic services through integrated health, nutrition and community-based protection response.
- In a nutshell, Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) comprehensive intervention intends:
- To reduce the morbidity and mortality rates. PUI will support the Ministry of Health primary health care facilities in providing free-of-charge life-saving health care services. (Health sector)
- To prevent, detect and treat malnutrition of the most vulnerable groups. Activities will be implemented closely with other inter-related sectors such as Health, Food Security and Protection. (Nutrition sector)
- To prevent, mitigate and respond to protection risks and concerns, and contribute to strengthening the overall protection environment. PUI will work in close collaboration with other protection actors.
- To enhance hygiene disease control and education across IDP camps in Monguno to improve behavior change of the affected population with a partnership with the MENTOR Initiative which will add a WASH component to the current program.
- To design, develop, and set up the necessary case management system as well as extensively train all Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) protection staff and GBV case management workers on GBV, case management, and international standards.
- Design, develop and set up a harmonized GBV case management system for both Maiduguri and Monguno in line with the IASC GBV and case management guidelines according to the Protection PUI’s HQ guidance;
- Capacity building of protection staff on GBV response and prevention: on-job training on case management, GBV in Emergency, caring for child survivors, coaching; revision and support to the adaptation of training materials, handouts and other information on GBV;
- Setting up GBVIMS and SOPs in accordance to GBV Subsector standard for both Maiduguri and Monguno; training of IM officer and protection data assistance on GBVIMS
- Set up relevant reporting and data collection tools; case intake form, case action plan, referral forms, follow up, case closure form;
- Ensure the implementation of PUI’s data protection protocol and secure the data collection
- Provide inputs for the establishment of girls and women-friendly space in accordance to relevant international standard;
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation of approaches, institutional guidelines and tools for integrating GBV prevention, risk mitigation and response in protection programming;
- Provide technical support to field staff, to ensure that all GBV related activities are implemented in effective and efficient manner;
- Support the development of GBV prevention key messages, awareness and training materials content;
- Participate in establishing an appropriate monitoring system for GBV project design and implementation;
- Strengthen the information sharing protocol among the different actors involved in the referral network (internal and external referrals);
- The consultant should provide a detailed methodology showing how the objectives of the study will be met.
Organisation of the Mission
Logistics, Security and Administrative Organisation:
- The consultant is expected to respect socio-cultural and security context of the mission and to act in a manner not to affect Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) image in the country.
- The consultant is responsible for assessing her / his needs in terms of human resources and logistics. PUI will provide logistical and administrative support to the extent possible.
- The assigned activities must be conducted in maximum two-month (60 days). The timeframe to implement the following activities will be defined by the consultant.
- The consultant must provide an inception report that includes:
- Summary of desk review (maximum 2 pages),
- Description of consultancy method (maximum 2 pages)
- Consultancy schedule (maximum 2 pages)
- Training tools (as annexes)
Final Consultancy Report:
- Following the established framework, the consultant should submit a consultancy report that includes the objectives, activities and tasks presented in the Terms of Reference (ToR). The report will include annexes with reporting, data collection tools, GBV Case Management tools and SOPs developed
- The consultancy report should not be longer than 30 pages and should include the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Summary of tasks performed (including trainings and capacity building)
- Description of GBV Case Management established
- Recommendations for integrating GBV prevention, risk mitigation and response in Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) programming
- Annexes with tools, SOPs, case forms etc… including full list of institutional and individual contacts developed throughout the assessment
- A draft of the report must be presented 1 week before the end of the consultant mission
- The report must be provided in 2 hard copies as well as 1 soft copy sent by email to the Protection Coordinator and Deputy Head of Mission in charge of Programmes (DHoM-P) on the date formerly agreed.
- The Protection Coordinator, Deputy Head of Mission in charge of Programmes (DHoM-P) or Desk Manager can request corrections or modifications within one months after the report is released and the consultant must ensure that s / he is available if necessary.
- A maximum budget of 3,800,000NGN is available for this consultancy; however, a competitive selection process is expected to take place.
- Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) will provide accommodation for the consultant in team guest houses while in Maiduguri and Monguno. The consultant will be briefed on the PUI security rules and will have to respect them during all the consultancy duration.
- Meals and other incidentals will be the responsibility of the consultant.
- The consultant will conduct his / her work using his / her own computer.
- Other miscellaneous costs directly related to the task that can include photocopying of questionnaires, etc. shall be covered by Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI). Any cost needs to have prior approval from PUI.
- The movement of the consultant and team to and from the field will be facilitated by PUI in Maiduguri and Monguno.
- Consultant fee payment will be paid in two instalments; First Instalment 30% and the remaining 70% as the final instalment. First instalment will be paid after completion and validation of the consultancy methodology and final instalment will be paid after the validation of acceptable deliverables as outlined in these Terms of Reference (ToR).
NB: A financial offer should be submitted, including a budget with detailed section (i.e. all costs related to the consultancy, namely airline and other transportation expenses tickets, medical coverage expenses and insurance, the cost of food, logistics and human resources needed, as well as remuneration of expertise…).
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Protection and Gender Studies, Social Anthropology, Law and Women’s Rights, Sociology, Political Science, International Relations, International Development Studies, or other field related to GBV in emergency programming.
- At least five (7) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, ideally with the United Nations system or NGOs. Experience in Protection with case management is mandatory. GBV related programs preferred.
- Experience in data protection protocol implementation
- Experience with national and international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in setting up GBV Case management, GBVIMS and related SOPs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of GBV programming, implementation of GBV services and strategies, laws and policies;
Competences & Knowledge:
- Communicating Information and Ideas: ability to initiate and facilitate open communication in the team;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience working in emergency context but having one from northern Nigeria is a plus.
- Ability to work on short timelines, under pressure, and managing multiple priorities simultaneously with minimum supervision
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly toa heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Knowledge of humanitarian reform and the cluster approach.
- Fluency in English
- Speaking Hausa is an asset
Applications Closing Date
29th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (PDF) which must include the documents below to: email@example.com with the “PUI – GBV Case Management System in Maiduguri, Borno State” as the subject of the email.
Interested candidates should submit the following document in English:
- A technical offer(5-10 pages) including:
- Understanding of the challenges of the consultancies and the Terms of Reference (ToR)
- The methodology and tools proposed for the consultancies
- The timetable showing the details for the completion of each of the consultancy phases. The proposed schedule should include time for briefing and debriefing on the mission.
- A financial offer including a budget with detailed sections (fees, other costs) – must not exceed 3,800,000NGN
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- 1 summary paper in English of similar assignments (any example of document is welcomed)
- References (3) (Organization, Name of representative, phone number and address email)
Important Information & Notice
- Applications submitted after the above-stated deadline for submission, for whatever reason or cause, shall be considered defaulting.
- All documents must be submitted in PDF format to the following email mentioning as subject “PUI – GBV Case Management System in Maiduguri, Borno State”
- Only applications including the full list of requested documents will be considered.