Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading Production & Packaging company, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head of Human Resources is responsible for all people-based activity within an organization from both an operational and strategic point of view
- The Head of HR will manage staffing and recruitment, organization development, performance management, training, compensation and benefits administration and employee counseling services.
Strategic Recruitment, Employer Branding and Agency Management:
- Identify staff vacancies and ensure timely recruitment of required level/quality of Management staff, other business lines staff, with appropriate approvals in order to meet business needs and focus on employee retention and key employee initiatives.
- Provide active support in selection of recruitment agencies which meet the corporate standard.
- Develop, refine and fine-tune effective methods or tools for selection/or provide external consultants to ensure the right people with the desired level of competence are brought into the organization or are promoted.
- Create an identity and manage the company’s image in its role as an employer. The employer brand has to be aligned and congruent with what the company delivers to the employee, customer, public and shareholder.
- Conduct performance reviews with department managers and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results.
- Ensure an effective performance evaluation process which Management has approved. This should include defining an end-to-end process, training managers on the process and responsibilities for all those involved in the process.
- Drive the performance management system and offer guidance and rules for the manager to set the right goals and to monitor the increasing performance and efficiency of employees.
Senior Management Development:
- Develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, team-work and high performance by tracking and implementing new trends in the industry and focus on helping the line management to implement improvements.
- Provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that focuses on empowerment, quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment.
- Establish a clear vision for the strategic planning implementation process and the anticipated outcomes. Make certain the picture is one of reality and not what people wish would occur. Make sure key employees know why the organization is changing.
- Support key initiatives to fully utilize employee potential.
Manpower Training and Development:
- Develop the HR team to ensure the provision of a professional HR service to the organization and be responsible for mentoring, guiding and developing them as a second line to the current business.
- Facilitate development of staff with special focus online management. Ensure intensive training to build new behaviour and skills.
- Ensure a motivational climate in the organization, including adequate opportunities for career growth and development.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development and track ROI of these trainings. Suggest to Heads of Departments what training is to be given to their staff and also together with them identify training requirements.
- Coordinate and manage all events that involve staff training and welfare activities with the assistance of the HR and Administration team. Identify and propose all Company Employee Events to be held including company-wide events, individual divisions, seminars, retreats and staff social events.
Internal Knowledge and Communication Transfer:
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Maintain and develop HR policies, ensuring compliance and to contribute the development of corporate HR policies.
- Ensure appropriate communication at all staff levels to facilitate/ support the development of the team members.
- Provide consistent guidance and templates to all departments. Effectively communicate all relevant information to superiors, peers and subordinates of all departments within the organization.
- Assist teams to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities for change and communicate the need for change so as to evoke innovative thinking from teams.
- Ensure job descriptions for all employees are accurate and up to date.
- Assist HODs in creating an induction plan for new joining employee and take new employees through a comprehensive induction on joining.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams support, company philanthropic giving, and administration.
- Prepare information and inputs for the salary budgets and ensure compliance to the approved salary budgets; give focus on pay for performance and salary benchmarks where available. Ensure adherence to corporate guideline on salary adjustments and promotions and coordinate increments and promotions of all staff.
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline.
- Maintain and develop leading HR systems and process to address the effective management of people.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
- Provide counsel and assistance to employees at all levels in accordance with the companys policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation.
Oversee Central HR Administration:
- Employee offer letters
- Salary letters and employment contracts
- Approve updated organization charts on a monthly basis and maintain complete/accurate personnel records.
- Provide counseling and guidance as a support to managers in case of disciplinary issues.
- Coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
Qualifications & Qualities
- Graduate in Commerce or Economics with a Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources Management
- Must have at least 15 years experience in HR with 5 years experience in a similar position. Nigeria experience is preferable.
- IT skills must include above average ability to work on Excel Spreadsheets, MS Word and use of Power Point. Exposure to ERP/SAP will be added advantage
- Fluent in spoken English and adept at written skills in English. Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
- Ideally, exposure of working within a multi-cultural environment
- Very effective written and verbal communication skills
- In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must be a self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic and able to work independently with minimal supervision, be able to train and lead the team forward.
- Acts with honour and character
- A person of high integrity who is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.