Senior Investment Associate at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Investment Associate
Job Type: Full Time
- To positively influence the Hospitality & Retail Fund’s investment strategy and operating model.
- Identify and convert potential investment opportunities for the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Building and presenting investment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target African countries.
- Prospect, and be responsible for private and institutional investors for the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Be responsible for the Hospitality & Retail Fund’s relationship with its partners, regulators and the wider investing public.
- Analysis of financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Oversee the financial performance of investee assets.
Diligence and Compliance:
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory requirements of the Fund are met and strictly adhered to
- Provide deal structuring and financial arranging solutions to investment projects of the Fund, and oversee the creation of SPVs for approved projects
- Be responsible for the due diligence process on target assets and asset owners on behalf of the Fund
- Ensure accurate record-keeping on all Fund and SPV activities.
- Establish cost benchmarks for the Fund’s development projects, and provide ongoing monitoring and control
- Crafting of Investment Committee Memos for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Analysing financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Fund e.g. company results, profit and loss and cash flow statements
- Monitor valuation of the Fund and marking the Investment Book projecting returns for investors.
Fund Management and Investment Execution:
- Preparation of detailed financial models.
- Building and presenting investment and divestment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target countries and providing all necessary information needed to make investment decisions.
- Development and maintenance of consolidated project financial models for the Fund and its SPV’s.
- Monitor and evaluate the financial position of the Fund to ensure optimal deployment of investment capital.
- Oversee the financial performance of investee assets, identify trends and ensure alignment with Fund strategic objective.
- Give presentations in internal and external investment meetings and briefings.
Fund Raising and Investor Relations
- Prospecting of potential institutional and private investors into the Fund and project SPV’s.
- Prepare and deliver Investment memoranda and other presentations to prospective investors.
- Provide periodic reports to Fund investors.
- Effective participation at roadshows and other investor fora as part of the Fund’s fundraising activities.
- Maintain regular communication with investment clients and counterparties on Fund projects to ensure up to date information flow.
- Meetings with representatives from asset management firms and Fund managers to exchange idea
- Investment Cases / Memoranda.
- Investors Reports.
- Investment Committee memos.
- Presentations to all financial stakeholders.
- Building and presenting investment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target countries (40%)
- Analysis of financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Hospitality & Retail Fund and overseeing the performance of investee assets (40%)
- Prospecting for private and institutional investors and investor relations (20%).
- Fund Profitability and Returns Ratios: Total Return, IRR, Net Profit Margin, etc.
- Asset Ratios – e.g. NOP Margin, Debt Service Coverage, ROI, etc.
- Investment returns on exit from investments of the Fund.
- Deal flow – measured by total projects reviewed.
- Degree in Economics or Finance from an accredited university.
- MBA or Master’s in a Financial or other numerate disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience, including at least 5 in a senior capacity in a Corporate Finance Institution.
- Experience in investment banking.
- Experience in Hospitality and / or Retail investment management.
- Working knowledge of French and / or Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Asset & Investment Management, Fund Businesses and the Financial Services Industry at large.
- Deal structuring
- Merger and acquisition transactions.
- Strong financial modelling and financial statement interpretation skills.
- Drafting of Information Memoranda, pitch books and teasers.
- Capital raising (debt, equity and mezzanine)
- Investors record keeping
- Knowledge of the regulatory structure in the Nigerian business environment
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project & Visio packages
- Excellent knowledge and application of financial instruments
- Strong industry network.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate seamlessly with colleagues and other stakeholders across jurisdictions in Africa and globally
- Investor relations.
- Integrity, diligence and tenacity.
- Analytical problem-solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Organization and coordination skills.
- General management ability.
- Results orientation.
- Customer focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online