ICON / Project Manager at the Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN)
Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICON / Project Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
- The ICON Manager will be responsible for the day to day running and reporting of project activities, with responsibility for the co-ordination, implementation and management of the project in the three target states and FCT to ensure that project activities in accordance with WOFAN’s standards and world best practices.
- S/he will collate, collect and share information / documents as well as prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the project, trainings and business development activities to the Executive Director.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Sciences, Humanities or Social Sciences and a minimum of 5 years experience in project management, including community mobilization, participatory planning and rural/community development; previous similar experience with International NGO will be an asset.
- A post-graduate degree or diploma in management will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. It also requires a high computer literacy with a full knowledge of Office applications.