Panagora Group Recent Opening for Security and Logistics Specialist
Panagora Group is a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security and Logistics Specialist
Job Opening ID: 525
Employment Type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Zip / Postal Code: 000000
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced security and logistics specialist for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the MEL activity leadership on security plan and policy development and review the security plan semi-annually.
- Manage security and logistics operations for the MEL activity according to the approved activity security plan, Panagora policies, and local laws.
- Develop security assessments and provide real-time safety information and support for the MEL team in Abuja as well as all locations where activities will be carried out.
- Conduct field safety assessments and make recommendations on how to operate in rural and urban areas where MEL activity works.
- Advise the chief of party and deputy chief of party on potential security risks in the implementation areas.
- Conduct security risk assessments, develop travel itineraries, and track staff/consultant travel for all work-related trips of MEL activity staff and consultants. The security and logistics specialist will be the main point-of-contact for staff on work travel.
- Conduct security briefings and trainings with all MEL activity staff and consultants, both routinely and travel-specific to ensure staff/consultants are aware of, trained in, and adhere to security management plans, guidelines and standards.
- Develop periodic and ad hoc reports on the security situation according to the needs of the activities.
- Coordinate with security authorities at the local level as well as security personnel from other USAID programs in Nigeria to have a full understanding of the security situation and make relevant recommendations based on this knowledge.
- Develop and manage the emergency communications system for staff.
- Be aware of any emergencies arising in relation to the development of the functions of the activities in the regions and in the main office and advise the Chief of Party.
- Coordinate closely with the F&A manager and the security and logistics specialist to manage all activity-related travel, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Supervise the MEL activity drivers and manage all MEL activity work travel.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Minimum formal security management certification, bachelors in related field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in logistics organization, security management, and travel management for a USAID activity.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing security information in different areas of Nigeria. The person must have knowledge of the security situation, having the necessary contacts to keep up to date, in Nigeria.
- Experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in an insecure environment.
- Demonstrate efficiency in the implementation of security platforms for civilian operations including achievements in crisis management and security provider supervision.
- Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system, compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Knowledge of security best practices and the willingness to build in-depth knowledge of Panagora Group’s security policies and procedures.
- Minimum three years of experience non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and training skills.
- Experience in training and coaching national and international staff in safety and security.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.