Apply Now at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: PLC / ICSS Engineer (M / F)
Reference number: 2020-17197
Contract: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: On-demand
Employee Status: Employee
Provide availability for installations, Analyse and diagnose possible communication problems, Execute the control modifications and/or corrective actions for :
- Alarm labels, wrong animations etc.
- Logic change on special working points.
- Data maintenance and updating available for P.I.
- Scale and threshold , possible corrective actions.
- Transfer these modifications on offshore sites and update them.
- Analyse and diagnose possible automation working problems.
- Execute program modifications required by TEPNG.
- Realize controller and automaton programs backups.
- Keep up to date DCS documents and diagram.
- Diagnose malfunctions and execute material maintenance.
- Execute preventive maintenance works :
- PC disk and memory free space .
- Package and system fault logs .
- PC mouse and keyboard .
- Ventilation filters and PC/Server de-dusting.
- PLCs batteries follow-up, possible changes.
- Take instruction from the maintenance superintendent of TEPNG
- Use the CMMS (SAP) software as his main organisation tool.
- Manage system follow up
- Update the « Assistance sheets requests »..
- Print activity report.
- Involvement in construction works in accordance with maintenance superintendent
- Provide assistance to the operators:
- Give precise details about pump start-up or valve port conditions
- Help for diagnosis,
- Explain DCS functionalities (test report printing, threshold modification, alarm inhibit, etc.).
- Collect operators « feedback » for possible system improvements.
- Assist mainly instrument supervisor in their different maintenance tasks connected with the DCS (scale , measures etc.)
Materials used on Site:
- SIEMENS Simatic S5
- Les serveurs: CISCO 4000
- Bently Nevada
- Able to express himself in English recommended French.
- Reliability, with a significant experience to operate oil or gas field.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions.
- Position holder is located on COBO with 24-hrs duty on a 4 x 4 weeks rotation schedule.
- Needs to maintain good communication with other TEPNG departments, prod & method,
- Ensures safe, efficient and cost-effective operations through proactive management Mtce Contractor.
- Achievement of required maintenance programs.