Procurement Specialist at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Procurement Specialist for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- The Procurement Specialist will ensure highest level of integrity, honesty and transparency in the project procurement and will maintain professional relationships with project staff, partners, donor, counterparts, vendors, and others with whom he interacts, throughout the life of the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all Chemonics and SHARP TO 03 policies and procedures and USAID regulations in project procurement and subcontract award management.
- Oversee the policies, practices, and procedures at all aspects of SHARP TO 03 procurement, contribute to development of project procurement plan in accordance with approved workplan and implementation of procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Take lead on all routine procurement requests of the project in country office as well as state offices, work closely with administration staff to help meet the requirement for routine procurement on timely basis.
- Work closely with program team in developing and finalizing RFQs, RFPs, RFAs, RFIs for programmatic procurements, identify best means to maximize outreach to interested groups.
- Manage the whole procurement process of floating the requests, identifying suitable vendors, and finalizing the purchase orders or subcontracts; and ensuring the delivery of goods and services in accordance to agree upon terms.
- Assist in negotiation of subcontracts, purchase orders on behalf of the project.
- Ensure that subcontractors, vendors comply with all regulatory requirement of the agreement.
- Assist with administration of project sponsored conferences, workshops, and training activities in field.
- Maintain accurate database of the vendors, update it from time to time through identification of new vendors for floating the RFQs, RFPs as may be required.
- Maintain an organized procurement filling system in accordance with standard organizational policy.
- Producing periodic reports, monthly and quarterly, of procurement actions and status update
- Ensure purchases orders information is accurately maintained in the central MIS system
- Any other task assigned by supervisor consistent with the scope of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Public Administration, Economics, or any other related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience in procurement and/or supply chain management; work experience on USAID or any other donor funded projects preferred.
- Familiarity with local as well as USG rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationship with donors, subcontractors, grantees, and vendors in general.
- Flexible with creative personality, ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
- Good communication skills, fluency in English is required.
- Good ITC skills required.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter to: SHARPTO3recruit@nigeriasharpto3.com
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, . Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. you are located in the EU, read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.