Program Officer-Infection Prevention and Control & Continuous Quality
Location: FCT, Abuja / Nasarawa
Immediate Supervisor / Reports to: Principal Investigator SECURE-Nigeria & Project Director SECURE-Nigeria
Scheduled Work Times: Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
- Strengthening Global Health Security Agenda in Nigeria (SECURE-Nigeria), a project with funding support from US-CDC, will support systematic implementation of both broad-based and disease specific Infection Prevention Control (IPC) intervention critical to prevent transmission of emerging infectious diseases, including respiratory pathogens such as COVID-19 and tuberculosis.
- SECURE-Nigeria will build upon existing IPC activities and capacities to enhance health system preparedness through strengthening IPC interventions and programs by leveraging on PEPFAR supported facilities. This project will enhance health system preparedness for future pandemics by building sustainable, broad-based IPC capacity, using PEPFAR supported facilities as a model organizations.
Operational Contacts / Primary working relationships will be with the following: facilities and state based teams, NCDC and state ministry of health, US-CDC Atlanta, coordinating US-CDC Nigeria team and other stakeholders within the states.
Summary / Overview
- Program Officer IPC/QI provides technical support, training, and operational support as needed to improve IPC capacity of supported facilities
- S/he supports facility, state and national teams with developing and implementing IPC practices, investigation, monitoring and reporting of targeted IPC intervention in healthcare facilities.
- S/he also supports ongoing capacity building of healthcare workers regarding infection control protocols, policies and intervention, and for implementing targeted quality improvement activities to improve gaps in facility IPC program
- The Program Officer IPC/QI also conducts learning meetings of the state IPC team to share best practices
- S/he coordinates reporting of all site and state level project activities, working closely with project director to support and develop IPC infrastructures at all levels.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to drive site implementation of targeted IPC activities.
- With Project Director, provide ongoing capacity building on IPC to Facility IPC Committee.
- Support creation of IPC committee (also referred to as Patient Safety Committee) at each supported facility. Coordinate its activities, chair their weekly meetings, produce minutes and follow-up on action points. Report back on its activities to the Project Director.
- Provide onsite mentoring to facility IPC committee to review the implementation of IPC interventions.
- Support the implementation of healthcare workers and patient triaging for COVID-19 and tuberculosis.
- Support reorganization of care delivery at the facility level to enhance IPC processes, identify above site level IPC gaps for targeted improvement.
- Support the implementation of quality improvement activities with focus on IPC for COVID-19 and tuberculosis.
- Support site level teams to develop IPC improvement project activities into scientific abstract.
- Coordinate monthly site IPC Quality improvement meeting with facility IPC committee.
- Support innovation to meet targets.
- Work closely with IHVN state and central teams to promote and continuous quality improvement at the sites.
- Produce weekly reports including data for monitoring of activity.
- Organize quarterly improvement collaborative meetings.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- B.A, B.S, MD, MBBS, BMChB, BPharm, RN, MPH or equivalent Degree. At least one to two years’ experience working at the facility level. Two of this must be working in the Quality Improvement or Infection Prevention and Control Program.
- Previous experience in the tuberculosis or TB/HIV program and familiarity with the Nigerian health system.
- An Advanced Degree in Public Health or related background is needed.
- A demonstrable knowledge of quality improvement methods including PDSA and principles of co design, improvement collaborative, run chart analysis is also required.
- A demonstrable knowledge of standard and disease-specific IPC, multi-modal approach to IPC, WHO core IPC component is required.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, use simple analytical methods to draw conclusions, and prepare reports and presentations that communicate findings in clear language.
- Clear understanding of IPC in the context of global health security, emergency preparedness and response is also required.
- Specialist Qualification in Infection Control.
- Specialist Qualification in Quality Improvement.
1st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected]
- Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
you can also apply for weekend jobs in lagos, ssce jobs in abuja, o’level jobs in abuja, jobs for undergraduates in nigeria, epayplus,undergraduate jobs in nigeria