Knowledge Transfer Manager
Employment Type: Full time
KTN Global Alliance Africa
- In 2019, KTN embarked on an exciting six-year project, the Global Alliance Africa, aiming to strengthen a shared innovation ecosystem spanning South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and the UK.
- The project aligns with the UK’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) objectives by forging strategic partnerships amongst innovation stakeholders to enable more effective knowledge transfer and collaboration for stronger local innovation and business environments, helping to achieve long-term ambitions in job creation, inclusive growth and poverty reduction.
Purpose of the Role
The Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM) is accountable for:
- Working effectively with the Country Lead in the successful and timely implementation of Global Alliance Africa activities in Nigeria to achieve their objectives and impacts
- Strengthening the prominence and upholding the value of KTN Global Alliance’s strategic objectives in Nigeria as the key innovation network nationally and regionally.
- Working in partnerships with the KTN Global Alliance counterpart teams in South Africa and Kenya, as well as UK Government and country-level stakeholders in meeting the above objectives.
- Delivery of Global Alliance Africa’s KPIs, reports and CRM content in Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working actively within the Global Alliance Africa team to effectively plan, manage and deliver its project activities in Nigeria against defined workplans, intervention mechanisms and targeted outcomes.
- Identifying and managing high integrity and effective stakeholder engagement activities in Nigeria, including developing processes, communications and plans to support timely and effective engagement activities.
- Proactively developing innovative approaches to gathering, analysing and managing data obtained through engagement and delivery in line with project requirements.
- Travel regularly to meet with key stakeholders and partners in Nigeria, across the continent and in the UK as required.
- Work with KTN International & Development team and others to develop and implement communication and growth plans for KTN Global Alliance in Nigeria and across Africa when required.
- Ensure timely delivery of monitoring reports and data sheets, validation report, including timely response to comments from the Country Lead and Management Team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering, science, business or policy, with a strong ability in written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian and international innovation landscape, ideally cross-sectorial, with direct experience in innovation commercialisation, policy implementation, business growth and/or international development.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder programme environment across different sectors and international cultures.
- Experience and aptitude in building effective engagements and maintaining trusted partnerships with business and public-sector stakeholder at all levels, with a good professional profile and network.
- Demonstrable skills in producing reports with a balance of strategic and technical depth.
- Experience working international donor-funded programmes desired.
Skills and Competencies:
- A highly motivated, self-starting and results-oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver socioeconomic impacts through equitable partnerships, innovation collaboration and social inclusion.
- An effective communicator comfortable to engage at all levels in English and local languages.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with an ability to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities with stakeholders across a range of technical and/or industrial disciplines.
- Disciplined, reliable and adaptable with time management ability to deliver autonomously with little supervision.
- Ability to deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular domestic and international travel.
- High level of IT literacy and organisational skills.
30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your resumé outlining your experience. Interviews will take place in December.
- This role will be offered on a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2025, with an initial six-month probationary period and annual contract renewals.
- Office based in Lagos, with some flexibility on home-based working and significant domestic and overseas travel expected. Due to the nature of this role, we are only able to consider applications for full time working. Applicants are invited from Nigerian citizens, with a clean UK and international travel visa history.
- Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for an interview.
- Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to [email protected]
you can also apply for weekend jobs in lagos, ssce jobs in abuja, o’level jobs in abuja, jobs for undergraduates in nigeria, epayplus,undergraduate jobs in nigeria