Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- Zinc Network are seeking a Training Manager to support the delivery of a new project in North Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin region. The role will be based within the region and will involve travel between the project countries.
- The role will involve training a group of mentors across the region who know the local communities well and can identify vulnerable young people to support. Mentors will support young people by helping them to obtain vocational skills, signposting them to support services such as drug and alcohol services and psychosocial services and providing media literacy workshops.
- Please note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
- Provides technical support in the areas of training needs assessments, training plan development, delivery, train-the-trainer, learning strategies, and training evaluation reports
- Create a pool of trained mentors that can identify and support vulnerable young people across the region
- Contributes to creating a learning culture. Communicates importance of learning and capacity building to internal and external stakeholders
- Identifies learning methodologies and tools that most effectively builds the capacity of mentors
- Develops materials, including but not limited to instructor guides, participant guides, and job aides
- Oversees a cadre of external training resources to provide targeted activity management training courses
- Supports the development of documentation, resources, and written materials relating to the training programs, including manuals development, updates, use, and refreshes, standard operating procedures, and workshop materials to support consistent quality assurance
- Facilitates training workshops and meetings, and is responsible for developing agendas to achieve stated objectives, documenting progress, agreements, and issues, and providing follow up assistance as required
- Manages internal and external training logistics including virtual sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years of technically relevant work experience
- Extensive regional knowledge of Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin
- Ability to actively listen, build rapport and trust
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership, management skills, and integrity
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and French
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
you can also apply for weekend jobs in lagos, ssce jobs in abuja, o’level jobs in abuja, jobs for undergraduates in nigeria, epayplus,undergraduate jobs in nigeria